This Matcha Frappuccino recipe is perfect to make at home when you feel like a nice cold, refreshing drink on a sunny day! Serves 1.
1½ cup ice cubes
1 cup whole milk
3 Tbsp icing sugar
1½ Tbsp matcha powder
½ tsp vanilla essence
Matcha chocolate (note: makes 2-3 servings)
125g white chocolate
2-3 Tbsp cream
1 tsp matcha powder
- To make the matcha chocolate, first set up a double boiler. Bring water (about 5cm) to the boil in a saucepan and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Put chopped chocolate and 2 Tbsp of cream in a heat-proof bowl and place it on top of the saucepan (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.) Stir occasionally until all the chocolate melts.
- Combine matcha powder with 1 Tbsp of cream and add to the melted chocolate, mix well. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a blender, add ice cubes, milk, sugar, matcha powder and vanilla essence and blend for a minute until nice and smooth.
- Pour the frappuccino into a glass then top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle the matcha chocolate on top and dust with matcha powder. Enjoy!