Looking for a way to spice up a salad (what a pun!)? Why don’t you try my wasabi salad dressing! It’s always hard to make salads taste great, and I tend to get sick of the same old dressing. This wasabi kick is a nice way to eat something different, and I like having it with tofu and/or avocado along with my favourite greens. Vegetarian and vegan friendly!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 tsp Wasabi paste
1/2 tsp dashi powder
4 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1/2 block of firm tofu, cut into strips
2 handful of green salad
1 handful of micro herbs
1/8 Nori, shredded
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan and cook tofu over medium high heat until it gets crunchy (5-10 minutes).
- Put tofu on top of paper towel to remove excess oil and set aside
- In a small ramekin, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Put greens and micro herbs on a large plate and add cooked tofu on top.
- Sprinkle shredded nori and serve with wasabi dressing.
Enjoy! If you decide to give this recipe a go, remember to take a photo and either tag me on instagram on it or tweet it to me @sachieskitchen for both, or post in on my Facebook so I can check it out!