Sweet Corn & Chicken Soup
Whenever I feel cold or want to have something very quick and easy but has a homely feeling, I make this soup! It would be nice to have heaps of time to make a good chicken stock at home for this, but for busy hungry people, I’ve found that poached chicken will still induce a scrummy flavour into the soup. Also remember the golden rule – “The Next day is always better in taste!”
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
450g cream style corn (tin)
230g chicken breast
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp potato starch (mix with 1 Tbsp water)
1 egg, beaten
- In a large pot, bring 1 litre of water to boil and poach chicken for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take the chicken out and shred it using 2 forks.
- Put the shredded chicken back to the pot and add sweet corn and bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour beaten egg into the soup and stir with chopsticks.
- Add potato starch, stir well and serve in a bowl.
sweet corn & chicken soup, cooking classes auckland, team building auckland, cooking class auckland