While this is not ‘classically’ Asian I was inspired by our trip to New Orleans and of course my husband’s quest to find the perfect chicken. He is a fried-chicken-fanatic. Every place we visit, he researches where the best fried chicken is. He even travelled to Harlem New York as well as the American South, to try and find all the best chicken joints and I’m proud to say my version (after many revisions) has made the grade! Enjoy!
Makes: 11 Drumsticks
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Cooking sake
12g Garlic grated/chopped
4 tsp Sriracha
Flour & Spice Mix
1tsp White Pepper
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2tsp Table Salt
1 cup Rice Flour
- Marinate drumstick for 30 minutes
- Mix batter ingredients in a bowl and mix flour and spice mix in another bowl. Heat oil to 160 degrees (you can use pot or wok to deep fry. Please make sure the oil level is more than half of the wok or pot)
- Dust the chicken in the flour mix and dip into batter and again dust with flour mix. Repeat this one more time 🙂
- Deep fry the drumstick for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.
- Serve while it’s nice and hot!!!
cooking classes auckland, team building auckland, southern fried chicken recipe, cooking classes new zealand