I love eating all kinds of mushrooms and this is the one recipe that I often make at home. If you don’t have baby octopus you can use squid instead or keep it just mixed mushrooms!
Prep & cooking time: 20 mins
200g squid ink pasta
1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
30g butter, unsalted
200g mixed fresh mushroom, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 cup veg stock (prefer home-made)
1 cup full cream
1 1/2 tsp miso paste
1/2 tsp soy sauce
20g parmesan cheese, grated
Flakey sea salt to taste
Italian Parsley, chopped
- Boil water in a large pot.
- While you are waiting for the water to be boiled, heat large frying pan with olive oil and add baby octopus and cook for a couple of minutes till they are almost done. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- If you like seafood flavour, you can use the oil in the pan, add butter to cook mushrooms until golden brown. Otherwise, remove the octopus oil and add olive oil and butter to cook mushrooms.
- Add couple of pinches of salt to boiling water and cook pasta to al dente.
- Once the mushroom started to get nice brown colour, add garlic and give a quick stir until fragrant. Add veg stock, cream, miso paste and soy sauce and bring to boil.
- Drain pasta and add it to the frying pan with parmesan cheese and give a good stir until cream sauce gets slightly thicken.
- Serve with flakey sea salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.