Are you looking for a delicious recipe with oyster sauce? Then this would be a perfect one for you! The unique combination of Oyster sauce and Apricot Jam creates a perfect balance of saltiness and sweetness. Instead of using Ong Choy, you can use any Asian vegetables such as Bok Choy, Kai Lan, Coriander or just a simple spring onion.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
600g Tua Tua, washed under cold water and drained
Handful (70g) of Ong Choy, cut into 5cm lengths
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
2 Tbsp Apricot Jam
- Mix Oyster sauce and Apricot Jam in a small ramekin and set aside.
- Place a frying pan / wok over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil (avoid olive oil). Add chilli and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Oyster sauce and Apricot mix and 80ml water to the frying pan / wok. Bring to boil.
- Add Tua Tuas and cover with lid and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until Tua Tuas are open. Discard any that don’t open. Add Ong Choi and cook for another minute.
- Place the Tua Tuas first on serving plate and cook the vegetables for another minute or until softened. Pour the sauce and vegetable on top of the Tua Tua and serve with steamed rice.
Cooking classes auckland, team building auckland, clam recipe