I love making these spring rolls with mushrooms! Not only great for finger foods or snack but also great to serve as side dish. These spring rolls freeze well so if you make a lot, put them in a containers before you freeze and keep them in the freezer for later use!
Makes 10 spring rolls
Preparation & Cooing Time: 25 mins
150g pork mince mixed with 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
4 shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water for 10 mins and sliced
5g of black fungus, soaked in warm water for couple of minutes (optional)
30-40g vermicelli, soaked in hot water for couple of minutes
1/2 garlic chive, cut into 2cm length
handful of other mixed mushrooms or shredded carrots
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
white pepper and salt to taste
10 spring roll sheets
Oil for deep frying
1 Tbsp flour mix with 1 Tbsp of water
Mix 1 Tbsp of Rice vinegar and 1 Tbsp of Sweet chili sauce
- Add 2 Tbsp of oil in a frying pan and add pork mince, cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked
- Add Shiitake, black fungus, vermicelli and chive and season with white pepper and salt. Stir fry for couple of minutes and add soy sauce. Stir well and turn off the heat. Place the ingredients on a plate to cool down
- Place a spring roll sheet on a flat surface, place 2 teaspoonful of ingredients at the bottom of the sheet closer to you.
- Roll up twice, fold both sides in and wet the end of the sheet with flour water and roll up to seal.
- Heat up oil in a wok or small pot and deep fry the spring rolls until golden colour.
- Drain the oil on kitchen paper and serve with chili vinegar dipping sauce if you like.