Do you love Ginger Beer? Well here’s my recipe for a double – to make ginger beer while making fresh and healthy sushi ginger for your favourite nigiri, sashimi and sushi meals! This is a hit for kids!
Home-made Ginger Beer
Serve: 4 glasses
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ginger liquid (makes: 225ml)
100g Ginger, sliced (skin on)
500ml of water
150g palm sugar
400ml Soda / Tonic / Sparkling Water
1 tsp lime juice
- In a medium size pot, add sliced ginger and 500ml of water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add palm sugar and dissolve. Remove from heat and leave it to cool.
- In a glass, pour 50ml of ginger liquid and pour 100ml of soda / sparkling / tonic water and ice cubes
- Squeeze 1/4 tsp of lime juice into each glass before you serve!
Home-made Sushi Ginger
Preparation Time: minutes
Cooking Time: minutes
160g ginger, peeled and finely sliced
9 Tbsp rice vinegar
6 Tbsp white sugar
3 tsp sea salt
- Boil water in a small pot and add sliced ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- In the meantime, mix vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl
- Drain water and add the ginger into the bowl while the ginger is hot
- Pour into a clean container and keep in the refridgerator
- If the ginger root is new season and young, the colour will go pink
- You can serve within 30 minutes
- Will store in the refridgerator for a good couple of weeks
cooking classes auckland, team building auckland, japanese cooking classes auckland