Do you like eating popcorn while you watch TV? Why not give this new flavour a go! Make sure you set the popcorn in a fridge or freezer to create a nice crunchy texture.
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
1/2 block (125g) of white chocolate (I use Whittakers White Chocolate block)
1/2 tsp matcha powder
1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
50 g dry corn kernels
Extra matcha powder for dusting (optional)
- Cut the white chocolate block using a knife and place in a glass bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a small pot with simmering hot water. Once the chocolate starts melting, stir with a wooden spoon until nice and smooth, then add matcha powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a large wok over a high heat and add corn kernels. Place a lid on top and wait until the corn starts to pop! It took me 4 mins until all the corn had popped.
- Transfer the popcorn into the chocolate bowl and coat evenly with the matcha white chocolate.
- Spread on a tray with baking paper, sprinkle sea salt and set in a fridge or freezer until the popcorn becomes nice and crunchy.
- Dust with extra matcha powder before serving.