Bibimbap is one of the most common dishes that you will see on he menu when you go to a Korean Restaurant and it is quite easy to make! I have made the hot chilli sauce slightly milder so if you want to have more kick, then you ca add more gochujang sauce!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
400g Beef mince
6 Dried shiitake, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
240g Mung bean sprouts
240g Carrot, julienne cut
160g or 1 ½ Cucumber, sliced
1 Red capsicum, sliced
4 Garlic cloves, chopped
Hot chilli sauce:
2 Tbsp Gochujan (Korean Chili paste)
2 Tbsp White sugar
2 Tbsp Hot water
2 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Soy sauce
2 tsp White sesame seeds
2 cups of Cooked rice (short grain)
You will prepare all the ingredients separately for Bibimbap and assemble at the end!
- Marinate the beef mince with 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 2 Tbsp of soy sauce and 2 Tbsp brown sugar. Mix well.
- Blanch mungbean sprouts in salted water for a minute. Refresh under cold water and season with ½ tsp of sesame oil and 1/4 tsp of salt. Sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Slice cucumber thinly and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt . Set aside for 10 minutes and squeeze the excess water.
- Slice red capsicum and stir fry with 1 tsp of sesame oil in frying pan. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Julienne carrots and stir fry with 1 tsp of sesame oil, 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 tsp of salt. Sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Squeeze water from Shiitake and slice. Stir fry 3-4 minutes with 2 tsp of vegetable oil, 2 tsp of brown sugar, 2 tsp of cooking sake and 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Cook marinated beef mince in a frying pan with 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until cooked though. Set aside.
- Fry eggs and set aside. Mix all the hot chilli sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Assemble all the ingredients with cooked rice and place egg on top. Serve with hot chilli sauce!